Coaching Skills for Managers
If the answer to any of the questions below is YES, then you probably need your managers to learn how to coach.
- Have you identified the need for your people to be more innovative and help drive improvements and efficiency?
- Do you want your managers to get closer to what is actually going on and to be able to communicate with their people about how they can improve what they are doing?
- Do you need managers to develop the right mindset and behaviours to support strategic change?
- Is there a need to raise levels of engagement through increased empowerment and personal development so that you can secure more sustainable success?
- Are just looking for less top down decision making?
Series of one or two day bespoke classroom based workshops with online support in between
- Learn the building block skills needed to coach your people on the spot in everyday situations
- Take a step at a time and build up to coaching proficiency rather than try and accomplish everything in one go
- Practice and more practice will enable you to use coaching more naturally and proficiently
- Learn how to see coaching as a way of managing rather than something you have to do at certain times or in organised, pre-planned settings
On-line coaching supports the journey to coaching competence and provides valuable resources to support learners back at work
Most managers do not naturally coach. They have rarely been coached themselves. The pressure they feel to achieve results often leads to more traditional command and control styles which, in turn, demotivate and frustrate their people. The programmes suport them at each step and enable them to build confidence and competence to ensure success.
Recent coaching training projects that we have developed include working globally with –
- Nestlé Waters, to support their LEAN (NCE) implementation and develop coaching skills for managers and team leaders within production and distribution.
- Louis Vuitton, to develop the skills of store managers to engage in on the spot, shop floor coaching with sales staff to ensure excellent customer service and communication.
Please get in touch if you would like to develop coaching skills for managers.
Latest News and Resources
On the Spot Coaching- Make the Most of the Moment
On the Spot Coaching- Make the Most of the Moment Coaching does not always need people to set aside time in advance. It can be done on the spot whenever you see someone do something that is g...More..
Coaching Managers | UK and International Resources and Insights
Recommended reading to improve coaching skills
Recommended Reading We often get requests from participants for our recommendations for further reading. Want to further your Coaching skills? These books are highly recommended by...
The Challenges of Embedding Coaching
The Challenges of Embedding Coaching Increasingly organisations are expecting their managers to become good at coaching. The reasons for this typically include – the need for more empower...
Do you need time to think rather than just do?
Time-out from everyday pressures and tasks is really important to enhance your thinking and decision-making. Executive coaching is an extremely cost and time effective way for ...